Two St Neots schoolgirls going for gold at Dance World Cup
- Credit: Bee's Dance Academy
Two talented St Neots schoolgirls will represent England in the Dance World Cup this summer.
Chloe Townsend and Isla McQuillan, both aged eight, have been chosen to represent their country at the event being held in Spain in July.
A fundraiser has been launched to help towards costs of the Team England squad uniform, costumes and entry fees.
The pair, who both attend Bee’s Dance Academy in St Neots, will compete against 120,000 competitors from 62 countries.
Principal and choreographer Miss Amy, said: “We are so very proud of both of the girls and very excited to choreograph their routines ready for the competition.
“We will be travelling to Spain to support the girls in this amazing achievement!”
Chloe and Isla have qualified in both their lyrical duo and jazz duo.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
The top three dancers in each age category are picked from across the whole of England to form Team England.
Both girls study, ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, acro, and musical theatre.
To donate to the fundraiser visit: http://www.GoFundMe.com/f/help-get-chloe-Isla-to-the-dance-world-cup?utm_source=facebook
Bee’s Dance Academy is also looking for sponsors to support the girls on flags and other items, for more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org