£1,000 grant for St Neots school that provides specialist education
- Credit: Archant
A school that provides specialist education for 114 pupils, aged from three to 19 years, is the latest organisation to benefit from a donation, courtesy of St Neots Round Table.
A cheque for £1,000 has been handed over to the Pepys Road School as part of the Round Table’s cash grant give-away.
The money is a share of £12,000 from the organisation’s Santa Sleigh collection, held in December last year, and a gin festival, which took place last October.
Headteacher of the school, Joanne Hardwick, and PTSA volunteer, Kat Coy, joined the Round Table’s Richard La Roche at Black Cat 107 breakfast show where the cash was handed over.
Presenter Ste Greenall said: “Samuel Pepys School is the seventh organisation in the town to benefit from the Round Table’s generosity. We really enjoy working with them on this initiative.”
Mrs Hardwick added: “we are really grateful for this financial boost, which will go towards an outdoor area we are developing for the children.”
The round table’s Richard La Roche said: “As an organisation, we are honoured to be able to share the proceeds of our fund raising with groups in the town. In the next few weeks, more groups with join us on the streets of St Neots for our Santa Sleigh collection.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
“Black Cat 107 will broadcast live on the next three Monday evenings, in Eynesbury Manor, Parklands and the Brook Road area.
INFO: Organisations wishing to find out more about the Round Table’s cash grant give-away should contact email@example.com.