St Neots runner to beat personal best in second marathon
A ST Neots runner is preparing for her second marathon to raise money for mental health charity Mind.
After the disappointment of having to walk for seven miles of the London Marathon last year, Julie Rogers hopes to run the entire 26.2 mile course around Brighton on April 15.
Julie, 30, of Meadowsweet, Eaton Ford, said: “Last year I had the opportunity to take part in the London Marathon and, although I did complete the course, I did not manage to run the entire way. I decided that I wanted to do another one to prove that I could run it all.”
Julie, who works in asset management at St Ives-based Move with Us, will be joined by her sister Nicola.
“It may be a bit harder than in London as we have been told to prepare for a hill, and there may not be the same level of support from people as you have in the capital, but we’re still hoping to run the whole course,” Julie said.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I chose to run for Mind as I think people find themselves under a lot of pressures in life, whether that be work-related, money, or personal, and all of these things affect our mental state.
“Some people see it as a taboo subject, which means many do not get the help they need.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
INFORMATION: If you would like to sponsor Julie, visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/julierogerswillhavesorefeet