St Neots runner to beat personal best in second marathon
A ST Neots runner is preparing for her second marathon to raise money for mental health charity Mind.
After the disappointment of having to walk for seven miles of the London Marathon last year, Julie Rogers hopes to run the entire 26.2 mile course around Brighton on April 15.
Julie, 30, of Meadowsweet, Eaton Ford, said: “Last year I had the opportunity to take part in the London Marathon and, although I did complete the course, I did not manage to run the entire way. I decided that I wanted to do another one to prove that I could run it all.”
Julie, who works in asset management at St Ives-based Move with Us, will be joined by her sister Nicola.
“It may be a bit harder than in London as we have been told to prepare for a hill, and there may not be the same level of support from people as you have in the capital, but we’re still hoping to run the whole course,” Julie said.
She added: “I chose to run for Mind as I think people find themselves under a lot of pressures in life, whether that be work-related, money, or personal, and all of these things affect our mental state.
“Some people see it as a taboo subject, which means many do not get the help they need.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
INFORMATION: If you would like to sponsor Julie, visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/julierogerswillhavesorefeet