St Neots Rugby club raises more than £2,500 for men's mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Rugby club has raised over £2,500 for men's mental health charity called Just One Click Away (JOCA).
On Saturday September 4, the club’s women’s team and the men’s team played in separate matches to raise for (JOCA.)
The women’s team played against Peterborough, who won by 36 nill.
The men’s team played against Northampton Men’s Own and the final score was 42-33 to Northampton Men’s Own.
Nick Ashford, the captain of St Neots Rugby Club, who is helping to organise the events, said: “ We sold the shirts that the saints, known as the first team were wearing and the women’s shirts.
“People then bought these shirts and the money went to the JOCA fund.
“We also had a lunch which raised £200 just in it’s self.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
“It was our first pre season game since Covid, all the lads played fantastically well."
(JOCA) was started at Welwyn Rugby Club, after the loss of two of their players to suicide.
Nick said: “This is a good charity to support and it is vital that we support all of our players both on and off the pitch.”
To find out more about the JOCA charity go to: www.jocarugby.co.uk/