St Neots Rugby club raises more than £2,500 for men's mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Rugby club has raised over £2,500 for men's mental health charity called Just One Click Away (JOCA).
On Saturday September 4, the club’s women’s team and the men’s team played in separate matches to raise for (JOCA.)
The women’s team played against Peterborough, who won by 36 nill.
The men’s team played against Northampton Men’s Own and the final score was 42-33 to Northampton Men’s Own.
Nick Ashford, the captain of St Neots Rugby Club, who is helping to organise the events, said: “ We sold the shirts that the saints, known as the first team were wearing and the women’s shirts.
“People then bought these shirts and the money went to the JOCA fund.
“We also had a lunch which raised £200 just in it’s self.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 4 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 5 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 6 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 7 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 10 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
“It was our first pre season game since Covid, all the lads played fantastically well."
(JOCA) was started at Welwyn Rugby Club, after the loss of two of their players to suicide.
Nick said: “This is a good charity to support and it is vital that we support all of our players both on and off the pitch.”
To find out more about the JOCA charity go to: www.jocarugby.co.uk/