St Neots ready for food, drink and ducks extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
ST NEOTS is set to host its debut food and drink festival this weekend.
The festival - which includes a duck race in aid of the Woodlands Cancer Centre - will take place in the Market Square on Saturday between 11am and 4pm and will showcase some of the town’s finest produce.
It will feature an appearance from TV chef Dale Pinnock at 1pm and there will also be music from Whamtastic, St Neots Singers, Subject to Change and Tom Bryans.
Katie Williams, St Neots town centre manager, said: ”The festival will celebrate the wonderful variety of food and drink producers and sellers in St Neots.
“The aim of the event is to support local businesses in this industry and encourage local shopping, helping our economy to grow and prosper as Cambridgeshire’s largest town.”
You may also want to watch:
The ducks, more than 1,000 of them, will be under starter’s order at the town bridge at 2pm on Saturday before they jet off towards the finish line at St Neots Rowing Club. Each will have been bought for a minimum donation of £1 with all proceeds going to the Woodlands extension appeal.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'