St Neots pupil’s celebrate as car finishes in pole position at tournament
- Credit: Archant
Engineers of the future saw their hand built car zoom round a track on Sunday (July 12).
Pupils at Newton Primary School, in Eltisley, spent months putting together a vehicle for the Gathering of Goblins event at Goodwood, West Sussex.
Teacher Abbi Lange said: “The children loved it, I think they were they the loudest school there.”
The youngsters car competed against 88 other schools, with Newton’s ‘Rapid Bulldozer’ coming out on top for their portfolio of work.
“We had put together everything that we had done and what the children had learnt over the last few months,” said Miss Lange
You may also want to watch:
The car was built with the help of Domino UK, of Bar Hill, near Cambridge, which went into the school to teach Year 5 and 6 children about different elements of the machinery.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion