St Neots pub recognised for the “exceptional quality” of its toilets in the Loo of the Year Awards
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots pub has been praised for the “exceptional” quality and standards of its toilets - in the Loo of the Year Awards 2016.
The Weeping Ash, in New Street, has been awarded a platinum star rating by inspectors, which has pleased manager Michelle Halliwell.
“I am delighted with the award as staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of ‘away from home’ toilet provision across the UK. Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at sites across the UK, in order to judge them. The facilities are graded from bronze to gold with unacceptable toilets not graded at all.
The platinum rating is given only to outlets which offer “exceptional toilets”.
You may also want to watch:
Toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment and overall management.
The Loo of the Year awards 2016 managing director, Mike Bone, said: “The toilets at The Weeping Ash have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained. The pub richly deserves its platinum award which is the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder