Fundraising day dart competition for popular punter at St Neots pub
- Credit: Pub/Facebook
A fundraising day in support of a local man who tragically lost his leg after an accident will be held at a St Neots pub.
The George and Dragon in Eaton Socon will hold a darts competition and family fun day on Saturday August 7 to help aid Aaron Murray in his recovery.
The popular regular suffered a life-changing accident in February this year and is currently wheelchair bound while he waits for a prosthetic leg to be fitted.
During Aaron's recovery, punters decided to club together to organise the darts competition.
There will also be a bouncy castle, stocks, live DJ, children’s activities, a tasty BBQ and evening entertainment.
Charlie, from the pub, said: “Aaron is one of our customers who was involved in an awful accident. We are now keen to support his recovery with raising some money for him and his family.
“There will be something for all the family on the fundraising day.”
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
The event will start at midday and run until late.