St Neots Poundstretcher opens its doors
- Credit: Archant
Eager shoppers waited patiently for the opening of Poundstretcher in St Neots today.
The store, which has replaced the Co-operative, in Tebbutts Road, saw more than 50 people queuing to get into the shop for the grand opening.
The new shop store was opened by the mayor of St Neots Councillor Barry Champman and is believed to have created 25 new jobs in St Neots already,
Cllr Chapman said: “I think this is exactly what is needed in St Neots. It’s great to see this unit being filled again and hopefully it will be popular in the town.”
To celebrate the grand opening there was a ribbon-cutting ceremony, along with games, quizzes, and prizes throughout the door.
You may also want to watch:
They also offered special deals for the first five customers in the queue, who received a faux leather double bed for £19.99.
Having invested £500,000 in the new store, the shop offered a range of giveaways for over £3,000.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The regional manager, Wendy flint said: “We are pleased to be opening a brand new store to the people of St Neots with loads of fantastic branded products, all at bargain prices.
“The team are working hard to deliver outstanding shopping experiences, great services and an enjoyable shopping environment for all our new customers.”
Poundstretcher also recently opened a store in Ramsey, where 25 new jobs were also created.
The store isn’t the only shop to open in St Neots, recently a new independent food and drink shop, Shume, opened its doors in Cross Keys Mews, selling artisan drinks and food items.
A new spectacles and sunglasses shop, K and M specs, has also opened in the town in the last month.
Poundstretcher is advertising a number of new jobs available at its St Neots store, including part time sales assistant roles.
To find out more about the roles visit: https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk.