St Neots OAP and grandchildren raise �1200 for cancer charity
A St Neots pensioner teamed up with all four of his grandchildren to raise money for Children with Cancer.
Eddie McGuire was determined to raise money for the charity after his wife Evelyn, 71, was diagnosed with a lymphoma tumour in March.
During their visits to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment, Mr McGuire, who lives at Raven Close, said he came across patients of all ages.
With the help of his grand-daughter Jenn McGuire, an events management graduate, the 75-year-old organised the golf day held at Wyboston Lakes which more than 40 people attended. Prizes were donated by local companies.
His other three grandchildren helped by making cakes to sell as refreshments during the day and collecting money at Waitrose and Lidls in St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
Mr McGuire said: “We did 18 holes and at the ninth hole, there were refreshments with cakes made by my grandchildren and wife. We have made about �1,200 for the charity. I would like to thank all the local businesses and sponsors who supported us.”
INFORMATION: To offer a donation call Mr McGuire on 01480 395807 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
nPictured are Mr McGuire, centre with grand-daughter Jenn, right, Aimee Carter, left, and fellow fundraisers.