Youngsters strike up a tune for music competition
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of St Neots St Mary’s held its annual ‘Young musician of the year awards’ heats on February 8.
The contests took place at Eynesbury Primary School and saw talented young musicians perform for judges in a bid to make it through to the semi-finals.
The event was supported by the Rotary Club of St Neots.
Individuals were judged in junior, intermediate, and senior level, with one entry under groups and one under choirs. The event was well supported by parents and there were some spirited performances with a range of talents on show.
Those that will be going through to the semi-finals in Leicester from the area are Adam Cobey (junior vocal), Farah Ashby (junior instrumentalist) on violin,
You may also want to watch:
Lauren Cobey (intermediate vocal), Libby Underwood (senior instrumentalist) on flute, Eynesbury C of E Hand Chime Group (group) and Henry Playford (St Neots junior instrumentalist) on recorder.
The choir from Croshall Junior School have gone straight through to the district final, due to take place on March 24 in Leicester.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal