St Neots mums’ money saving markets for parents
- Credit: Archant
BABY BUSINESS: Two St Neots mothers have set out to help others deal with the expense of parenthood by setting up the Mummy and Me Market Company.
Amie Sabatino and Fiona Vidale will be organising “new and nearly new” sales on a regular basis in St Neots and surrounding areas where they hire out a venue for people and businesses to sell baby related products.
Each event will also provide a free stall for a charity that supports babies, children or parents.
The pair, who both have young children, held their first event on Saturday (May 18) at the Eatons Community Centre where they held a raffle, raising £60 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital’s special care baby unit (SCBU).
Amie Sabatino, 29, who lives in Windsor Close, Eynsbury, said: “The idea is to give mums the opportunities to find pre-loved bargains whilst also supporting local businesses by giving them a venue to promote themselves at an affordable price. We are hoping to hold one every six to eight weeks and perhaps branch out later doing two or three a month in all different areas.”
INFORMATION: To find out about setting up a stall or when the next event is taking place e-mail email@example.com or go to www.mummyandmemarket,co.uk.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed