St Neots man jailed for crash that left friend with life-changing injuries
A MAN who left his friend with life-changing injuries when he crashed his car whilst showing off has been jailed for dangerous driving today (January 13).
Christopher King, 21, picked up three friends who had been out in St Neots before driving his Seat Ibiza Cupra, at speeds of up to 70mph, on the B645 towards Hail Weston in poor conditions on Friday, April 2, 2010.
King, of Brook Road, St Neots, admitted he was showing off, despite the road conditions, when he lost control of his car round a corner, crashing into a ditch. His friend, a 22-year-old man, suffered brain injuries in the crash that will have last psychological effects.
A 19-year-old woman was left with serious but not life threatening injuries, whilst King and a 24-year-old man suffered minor injuries.
Sentencing King at Luton Crown Court to 10 months in prison, the Judge said it was only the skill of medical staff that saved the 22-year-old’s life. King had previously pleaded guilty to dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
PC Chris Euerby said: “I hope this sentence acts as a warning to other young drivers who drive high performance cars.
“King was a young man of previous good character and not known to police. As a result of him showing off, his friend has been left with life-changing injuries.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol