St Neots golf club raises funds for Alzheimer’s charity
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Golf Club has raised more than £12,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The club, which is situated in Eaton Ford, raised the money for the charity’s Cambridge branch as the cause is close to many members’ hearts.
Each year the incoming captain chooses a charity that they would like the club to raise money for.
A major contributor to the funds that were raised came from the captain’s charity annual meeting, where the club auctions off four ball vouchers from other leading golf clubs.
Former captain Soccorso Gallucci said: “I chose the charity because it was really close to my heart. I have had a few family members experience the disease and I have seen the affects that it can have on people and it is devastating.
You may also want to watch:
“The first thing I wanted to know is where is the money going to go and how will it help. I hope that the money can be used to really make an impact in the research the charity does.”
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home