St Neots Foodbank set to hold first collection at Waitrose this month
- Credit: Archant
ST NEOTS Foodbank, which is set to open in October, will be holding its first collection later this month.
Foodbank trustees and members will be on hand with a list of suitable items and will be transporting crates of donated food back to their storeroom in Little End Road, provided free of charge by Brittains.
The collection will take place at Waitrose in the town all day on Saturday, September 14, and volunteers will be at the supermarket with trollies to collect nonperishable foods. Items on the shopping list include fruit juice in cartons, pasta sauces, biscuits and tinned soup, fish, meat, fruit and vegetables.
The collection will be the first major public display from the foodbank which has been set up by 10 churches from the area and will start helping some of St Neots poorest people from October 1.
Christine Green, trustee for the foodbank, said: “This is a great chance to be part of the launching of this really important project. Trustees and volunteers will be handing out information on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: For more information, including a full shopping list, go to www.stneots.foodbank.org.uk
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer