St Neots Food and Drink Festival promotes best of local produce
- Credit: Archant
VISITORS sampled the best of local produce at St Neots Food and Drink Festival on Saturday (August 3).
The festival offered an eclectic mix of cuisine from all corners of the globe, with everything from curries to cakes on offer.
About 3,000 people attended and attractions included a cooking demonstration and book signing by TV chef Dale Pinnock, children’s face painting and live music from Whamtastic, St Neots Singers, Subject to Change and Tom Bryans.
The event was organised by Be On Cloud Nine Events in partnership with St Neots Town Council.
A spokesman for Be On Cloud Nine Events said: “It is always great to see an event come together, however this has been our best to date by far. We have never seen St Neots as busy as it was on Saturday and we felt really proud to be a part of the day.”
Katie Williams, St Neots town centre manager, added: “The footfall in the town centre was the highest I have ever seen in my time as town centre manager and I have received countless positive comments from the public about how much they enjoyed the day.
“Town centre retailers also benefited, with some commenting that Saturday was the busiest day they had seen in the town for years.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
“We will definitely be bringing the food festival back to St Neots next year in the hope that it will grow even more.”