St Neots Food and Drink Festival promotes best of local produce
- Credit: Archant
VISITORS sampled the best of local produce at St Neots Food and Drink Festival on Saturday (August 3).
The festival offered an eclectic mix of cuisine from all corners of the globe, with everything from curries to cakes on offer.
About 3,000 people attended and attractions included a cooking demonstration and book signing by TV chef Dale Pinnock, children’s face painting and live music from Whamtastic, St Neots Singers, Subject to Change and Tom Bryans.
The event was organised by Be On Cloud Nine Events in partnership with St Neots Town Council.
A spokesman for Be On Cloud Nine Events said: “It is always great to see an event come together, however this has been our best to date by far. We have never seen St Neots as busy as it was on Saturday and we felt really proud to be a part of the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Katie Williams, St Neots town centre manager, added: “The footfall in the town centre was the highest I have ever seen in my time as town centre manager and I have received countless positive comments from the public about how much they enjoyed the day.
“Town centre retailers also benefited, with some commenting that Saturday was the busiest day they had seen in the town for years.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
“We will definitely be bringing the food festival back to St Neots next year in the hope that it will grow even more.”