St Neots fish and chip shop in the running for regional accolade
- Credit: Archant
A fish and chip shop in St Neots has been shortlisted for an industry award.
Traditional Fish & Chips, in Cambridge Street, is one of six outlets to have won a place in the eastern region’s 2017 National Fish & Chip Awards, organised by Seafish.
The six shops will now compete for the ultimate accolade - Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award – and hopes to claim the title of ‘best fish and chip shop’ in the UK.
All the shops will be subject to further judging in the coming weeks, including mystery shopper assessments to establish a UK top 20 finalists, with the winner being announced in January.
The business is owned by brothers Luke and Matthew Hoare who set up the shop eight years ago and have been nominated for the second time.
“We are thrilled to bits to have been nominated,” said Luke.
Asked the secret of good fish and chips , he added: “Good practice and care and attention to detail and using the best quality produce.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Pictured are: Luke and Matthew Hoare, with James Upton, John Little, Sally Upton and Helen Deprez.