St Neots fish and chip shop in the running for regional accolade
- Credit: Archant
A fish and chip shop in St Neots has been shortlisted for an industry award.
Traditional Fish & Chips, in Cambridge Street, is one of six outlets to have won a place in the eastern region’s 2017 National Fish & Chip Awards, organised by Seafish.
The six shops will now compete for the ultimate accolade - Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award – and hopes to claim the title of ‘best fish and chip shop’ in the UK.
All the shops will be subject to further judging in the coming weeks, including mystery shopper assessments to establish a UK top 20 finalists, with the winner being announced in January.
The business is owned by brothers Luke and Matthew Hoare who set up the shop eight years ago and have been nominated for the second time.
You may also want to watch:
“We are thrilled to bits to have been nominated,” said Luke.
Asked the secret of good fish and chips , he added: “Good practice and care and attention to detail and using the best quality produce.”
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
Pictured are: Luke and Matthew Hoare, with James Upton, John Little, Sally Upton and Helen Deprez.