St Neots fire engine pull reaches £100,000 milestone
- Credit: Archant
What started as a bit of fun has now raised more than £100,000 for young burns survivors.
The St Neots Fire Engine Pull hit the landmark this year by reaching a decade of the charity challenge to raise more than organiser Dave Webster could have ever imagined.
Former firefighter Dave said: “The original discussions took place over a couple of beers as to how we could raise money for young burns survivors.
“After this year’s effort the total amount we have raised on the 10 single days has gone through the £100,000 barrier.”
The event is now also one of the biggest fund raising events on the St Neots calendar.
You may also want to watch:
Co-organiser Steve Wills said: “Every single penny that is raised goes towards holidays for young burns survivors.”
At this year’s camp the pair saw the largest amount of children they have ever had with 57 youngsters and the chaperones.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“I could never have imagined that the event would raise so much money and grow to the size the event is today,” added Dave.
Dave has thanked co-organiser Steve Wills and all of the other volunteers who have helped over the last decade.
He added: “Especially all the people who have donated to the cause.”
The pair have already begun the planning for next year’s pull through the town on Sunday, May 1, 2016.
If there is anyone who would like to donate towards next year’s event or be involved please contact Dave via email on email@example.com