Family marking Patrick Kenny's memory by walking 350 miles
- Credit: Nicola Kenny
Patrick Kenny’s family are marking his memory by walking 350 miles which is the length of Glasgow to St Neots.
Patrick died in February last year after taking his own life and his family now want to raise money for Hector’s House.
Hector’s House is a suicide prevention and mental health awareness charity.
Speaking to ITV Anglia, Pat Kenny’s sister-in-law Cindy Downey said: “It was absolutely devastating for the family and this is not the first time this has happened for the family unfortunately.
“Pat lost his father, his grandfather and his uncle all to suicide, so it was just terrible memories brought back for them on top.
“It was more trauma added to them.”
The walk will take place next year and the family will be spending the winter months training for the hike.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
Speaking to ITV Anglia George Downey, Patrick Kenny’s brother said: “We will be starting the walk at Patrick’s old house in Glasgow which is next door to the house that our grandfather took his own life in 1980.
“We will then head to the hospital that Pat was born, but on the way we will pass my dad’s house where he took his own life in 2010.
“Then on the way out of Glasgow we will pass the house that my uncle took his own life in 2002.
“Then we will be heading south to finish at the bridge in St Neots.”
Speaking to ITV Anglia, a spokesman for Hector’s House said: “We are a tiny charity, every penny that people fundraise we are still so intentional about how that’s used.
“For example supporting someone at crisis point, so making sure they are getting the correct help."
A just giving page has been set up to raise money for Patrick Kenny, so far £650 has been raised out of a £3,500 target.
If you would like to donate please visit: https://www.justgiving.com/.../george-cindy-pacing4pat350...
A Facebook page has also been set up visit: https://www.facebook.com/Pacing4Pat350