St Neots day centre gets £70,000 refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Facilities used by elderly people in St Neots have been improved thanks to a £70,000 donation from former town resident Peter Rowley.
The Day Centre and Lunch Club at the Community Centre, Church Walk, has a new store room, kitchenette, upgraded heating and hot water system, lighting, ambulance access at the back of the building and a suspended ceiling revealing a large window overlooking St Mary’s Church.
The centre is run by the Voluntary Welfare Association and provides social and emotional support to elderly people and respite for their carers.
Mr Rowley, who lived in St Neots as a child and died earlier this year, had made the donation in memory of his brothers George and John Rowley.
The newly refurbished building was opened by his widow Terez Rowley last month.
You may also want to watch:
Future plans for the centre include upgrading the main kitchen.
INFORMATION: The Day Centre is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 3pm. For more, call the day care manager on 01480 475274.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?