Dangerous driver caused head-on crash in St Neots then ‘ran away’ leaving motorist seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
A man from St Neots who fled the scene after he crashed head-on with another car has been jailed.
Harry Fairbrass, 20, was driving his friend’s Audi A3 along Duloe Road, St Neots, on April 15 last year, when he veered onto the wrong side of the road and collided with another vehicle.
The driver of the other car was left with serious injuries including multiple fractures.
When officers arrived at the scene, Fairbrass had left the area and witnesses described seeing a man “running away” following the crash.
A DNA profile from the car later came back as a match for Fairbrass.
Fairbrass, of Mallard Lane, St Neots, pleaded guilty to causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was sentenced to two years and eight months in a young offender institution on Thursday (October 1). He was also disqualified from driving for four years.
Detective Constable, Josh Gallimore, who investigated, said: “Fairbrass was driving recklessly with no regard for other road users.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
“He caused serious injuries to another driver before leaving the scene. He didn’t even stop to help.
“I’m glad justice has been done today.”