Dangerous driver caused head-on crash in St Neots then ‘ran away’ leaving motorist seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
A man from St Neots who fled the scene after he crashed head-on with another car has been jailed.
Harry Fairbrass, 20, was driving his friend’s Audi A3 along Duloe Road, St Neots, on April 15 last year, when he veered onto the wrong side of the road and collided with another vehicle.
The driver of the other car was left with serious injuries including multiple fractures.
When officers arrived at the scene, Fairbrass had left the area and witnesses described seeing a man “running away” following the crash.
A DNA profile from the car later came back as a match for Fairbrass.
You may also want to watch:
Fairbrass, of Mallard Lane, St Neots, pleaded guilty to causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was sentenced to two years and eight months in a young offender institution on Thursday (October 1). He was also disqualified from driving for four years.
Detective Constable, Josh Gallimore, who investigated, said: “Fairbrass was driving recklessly with no regard for other road users.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“He caused serious injuries to another driver before leaving the scene. He didn’t even stop to help.
“I’m glad justice has been done today.”