St Neots councillor inundated with responses following survey about parking trouble spot
- Credit: Archant
Responses have poured in following a survey to try to find a solution to parking problems in the streets around St Neots railway station.
Councillor Barry Chapman said he had received almost 300 replies in two weeks.
Through the questionnaire, he hopes to identify the cause of the problem and reach a consensus about the best way to bring an end to the parking chaos.
An overwhelming majority of respondents – 70 per cent – have said they have difficulty parking because of non-residents. Just five per cent cited parking by other residents as the problem, while 10 per cent said that obstructions caused by other vehicles were to blame.
Only 15 per cent said they had not experienced problems.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions for solutions were varied, but the highest percentage – 25.26 per cent – favour limited waiting periods of between two and four hours, from 7am-6pm. Others preferred introducing resident-only parking permits.
Cllr Chapman said: “I will put the information together in a report and present it to the county council and Network Rail.”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
INFORMATION: Complete the survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/DMW856P.