St Neots councillor inundated with responses following survey about parking trouble spot
- Credit: Archant
Responses have poured in following a survey to try to find a solution to parking problems in the streets around St Neots railway station.
Councillor Barry Chapman said he had received almost 300 replies in two weeks.
Through the questionnaire, he hopes to identify the cause of the problem and reach a consensus about the best way to bring an end to the parking chaos.
An overwhelming majority of respondents – 70 per cent – have said they have difficulty parking because of non-residents. Just five per cent cited parking by other residents as the problem, while 10 per cent said that obstructions caused by other vehicles were to blame.
Only 15 per cent said they had not experienced problems.
Suggestions for solutions were varied, but the highest percentage – 25.26 per cent – favour limited waiting periods of between two and four hours, from 7am-6pm. Others preferred introducing resident-only parking permits.
Cllr Chapman said: “I will put the information together in a report and present it to the county council and Network Rail.”
- 1 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 2 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 3 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 4 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 10 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: Complete the survey at www.surveymonkey.com/s/DMW856P.