Coronavirus: Urgent appeal for community volunteers to support those in isolation
- Credit: Archant
A community group has been set up in St Neots to support people through the COVID-19 crisis and it needs your help.
The volunteers will be able to help those in isolation and without access to support and can support people with essential shopping, prescriptions, a friendly phone call and posting letters.
James Goodman, one of the St Neots Community Volunteer support team, said: “If you are in need of support from St. Neots Community Volunteers throughout COVID-19 please reach out to us via email; firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone on 0333 335 5344.
“The phone will be manned by volunteers 8am-8pm every day. Volunteers will ask you for your name, address, phone number and what your needs are and then work to connect you to a local volunteer who can offer this support.”
Mr Goodman says if you are self-isolating but have a family member, friend or neighbour who can support you and run essential errands you should continue to use their support to enable the volunteers to support those in most need. If you have been receiving support but your situation changes the group will be able to help.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Goodman added: “We can’t do this alone. In order to meet the needs of our community during this pandemic we need volunteers urgently. If you can spare even just a couple of hours to do any of the following - collect food, post letters and prescriptions for those in need, organising and coordinating volunteers to meet the need, making telephone calls to those isolated who may be lonely or need support. Then please get in touch.”
“Any of the above will make a vital difference to our local community and will be helping those in need. If you would like to volunteer to make a difference please get in touch by emailing email@example.com with the following information: name, address, postcode, phone number, availability. We encourage a minimum of two days non-volunteering a week.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
For further information contact: 0333 335 5344 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about St Neots Community Volunteers: This group was set up by residents of St Neots and is registered with Huntingdonshire District Council and Cambridgeshire County Council and working with the Huntingdonshire Volunteer forum.