St Neots company director to run London Marathon for Sense UK
- Credit: Archant
A ST Neots company director has set himself his biggest challenge yet – to run the London Marathon.
Paul Collins, managing director of Wizard Recruitment, has braved the snow and the cold to start his training for this year’s 26.2-mile run on April 21.
“I started to do things after I retired from rugby to keep the body ticking over,” he said. “I’ve done the Tough Guy, a half-marathon and it just makes sense to take the next step. I’m built for running through things, not for length!
“I started on January 1 and I’m getting through the cold, hard, wet weather. I’m running 50 miles a week with 13-mile runs on a Saturday, which I will build to 20 miles next month.”
Mr Collins is raising money for deafblind charity Sense UK, part of the group of one of his clients, and needs to secure £1,500 to take part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
To support Paul Collins and Sense UK, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulCollinsrunfatboyrun
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl