St Neots company director to run London Marathon for Sense UK
- Credit: Archant
A ST Neots company director has set himself his biggest challenge yet – to run the London Marathon.
Paul Collins, managing director of Wizard Recruitment, has braved the snow and the cold to start his training for this year’s 26.2-mile run on April 21.
“I started to do things after I retired from rugby to keep the body ticking over,” he said. “I’ve done the Tough Guy, a half-marathon and it just makes sense to take the next step. I’m built for running through things, not for length!
“I started on January 1 and I’m getting through the cold, hard, wet weather. I’m running 50 miles a week with 13-mile runs on a Saturday, which I will build to 20 miles next month.”
Mr Collins is raising money for deafblind charity Sense UK, part of the group of one of his clients, and needs to secure £1,500 to take part in the event.
To support Paul Collins and Sense UK, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulCollinsrunfatboyrun
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named