St Neots company director to run London Marathon for Sense UK
- Credit: Archant
A ST Neots company director has set himself his biggest challenge yet – to run the London Marathon.
Paul Collins, managing director of Wizard Recruitment, has braved the snow and the cold to start his training for this year’s 26.2-mile run on April 21.
“I started to do things after I retired from rugby to keep the body ticking over,” he said. “I’ve done the Tough Guy, a half-marathon and it just makes sense to take the next step. I’m built for running through things, not for length!
“I started on January 1 and I’m getting through the cold, hard, wet weather. I’m running 50 miles a week with 13-mile runs on a Saturday, which I will build to 20 miles next month.”
Mr Collins is raising money for deafblind charity Sense UK, part of the group of one of his clients, and needs to secure £1,500 to take part in the event.
You may also want to watch:
To support Paul Collins and Sense UK, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulCollinsrunfatboyrun
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon