Pupils celebrate success with ‘graduation’ ceremony
- Credit: Archant
School children from around St Neots celebrated their achievements by holding a special ‘graduation’ ceremony.
The event was held last Tuesday (June 26) and saw school children from around the town celebrate their success.
Organised by the Children’s University, the event was held to encourage children to participate in and out of school activities.
The graduation kicked off with Eynesbury Primary Choir performing ‘Believe’ followed by a performance by Stageworks’s Molly Gregorious.
Head teacher at the Roundhouse Academy, Tracy Brydon, who is the children’s graduations principal, then gave a short speech about the university and introduced the chancellor Sean Rose.
You may also want to watch:
The certificates were presented to the graduates by both Tracy and Sean followed by the ‘turning of the tassel’ ceremony.
The mayor of St Neots, Councillor Barry Chapman, also attended the graduation.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k