Care home residents in St Neots enjoy Grease night
- Credit: Archant
Grease was the word for residents at the Nelson Lodge care home in St Neots when they turned the clock back to the 1970s for a party based on the classic film.
The team at the Anchor Hanover home hosted the party to lift everyone’s spirits with all the classics from the film’s soundtrack and activities including placing the ring on Danny and a Grease-themed quiz. All the care team staff were wearing their best Grease outfits.
Callum Newman, a carer who joined Nelson Lodge as part of Anchor Hanover’s apprenticeship programme earlier this year, helped organise the party, to give residents something to get involved in and to enjoy at a time when live entertainment at the home is limited because of the coronavirus.
He said: “The residents and staff like to organise big events like this because it’s a way to liven everybody up and have some fun. Grease is always a classic choice, and everybody had a great time in taking part.
Callum said: “It’s so important to organise such meaningful activities for the residents, as this boosts their mental and physical well-being and, of course, it’s fun.”
You may also want to watch:
Jean Barker, 88, who has lived at Nelson Lodge for just under two years, said: “The Grease night was so much fun! I’ve always enjoyed the film and it was just a really nice surprise for us.
“It was very thoughtful, everyone at Nelson Lodge looks after us so well and they’re always thinking of ways to keep us in good spirits!”
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order