St Neots car wash torched twice in fortnight
ARSONISTS have targeted a St Neots car wash twice in a fortnight.
Firefighters from St Neots and Gamlingay were sent to Cool Water Hand Car Wash at 4.26am yesterday (Sunday). The fire was extinguished by 5am.
The Huntingdon Street car wash, owned by Rzgar Gareb, was petrol-bombed on Tuesday, March 27, which damaged the waiting room.
Rzgar’s wife Ana Nobre believed a rival company was behind the original fire but said the fire wouldn’t stop the pair running the business. It was reopened by Friday, March 30.
Ana said the damage was worse this time. “I can’t believe it, these people have torched the car wash again - it’s just becoming ridiculous”, she told The Hunts Post.
You may also want to watch:
A fire service spokesman said the cause of yesterday’s fire had not been established and investigations are ongoing.
Cambridgeshire police is checking CCTV to see if the first incident was caught on camera.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
INFORMATION: If you have any information about the fire call Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.