St Neots car wash torched twice in fortnight
ARSONISTS have targeted a St Neots car wash twice in a fortnight.
Firefighters from St Neots and Gamlingay were sent to Cool Water Hand Car Wash at 4.26am yesterday (Sunday). The fire was extinguished by 5am.
The Huntingdon Street car wash, owned by Rzgar Gareb, was petrol-bombed on Tuesday, March 27, which damaged the waiting room.
Rzgar’s wife Ana Nobre believed a rival company was behind the original fire but said the fire wouldn’t stop the pair running the business. It was reopened by Friday, March 30.
Ana said the damage was worse this time. “I can’t believe it, these people have torched the car wash again - it’s just becoming ridiculous”, she told The Hunts Post.
A fire service spokesman said the cause of yesterday’s fire had not been established and investigations are ongoing.
Cambridgeshire police is checking CCTV to see if the first incident was caught on camera.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 7 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
INFORMATION: If you have any information about the fire call Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.