St Neots boy, eight, wins modelling competition
- Credit: Archant
An eight-year-old St Neots boy has proved he has what it takes to impress on the catwalk.
Mason Hickey, of Embry Drive, Loves Farm, was picked ahead of hundreds of other hopefuls to take part in a week-long fashion event in the Grafton Centre, Cambridge, before being crowned the winner of a modelling competition in the boys aged seven-10 section.
His father Matthew Hammett, 40, said: “We were in Cambridge a couple of months ago and were approached by some scouts. We entered Mason two years ago but nothing came of it so we thought we’d give it another go.
“We were called back and then made the cut to the final week. Mason had to learn choreography, which was quite interesting, and had fittings for all the clothes he was going to be modelling.
“At the final show, Mason was revealed as a winner. It gave him a massive boost of confidence. He was a bit nervous at first but then he lit up when he hit the stage.”
You may also want to watch:
Mason won a £50 gift voucher, toys including Star Wars lightsabers and picture frames to hold his winner certificates.
He said: “I think I might spend the voucher on toys... maybe sweets and some clothes.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester