St Neots boy, eight, wins modelling competition
- Credit: Archant
An eight-year-old St Neots boy has proved he has what it takes to impress on the catwalk.
Mason Hickey, of Embry Drive, Loves Farm, was picked ahead of hundreds of other hopefuls to take part in a week-long fashion event in the Grafton Centre, Cambridge, before being crowned the winner of a modelling competition in the boys aged seven-10 section.
His father Matthew Hammett, 40, said: “We were in Cambridge a couple of months ago and were approached by some scouts. We entered Mason two years ago but nothing came of it so we thought we’d give it another go.
“We were called back and then made the cut to the final week. Mason had to learn choreography, which was quite interesting, and had fittings for all the clothes he was going to be modelling.
“At the final show, Mason was revealed as a winner. It gave him a massive boost of confidence. He was a bit nervous at first but then he lit up when he hit the stage.”
Mason won a £50 gift voucher, toys including Star Wars lightsabers and picture frames to hold his winner certificates.
He said: “I think I might spend the voucher on toys... maybe sweets and some clothes.”
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 9 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 10 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival