ST NEOTS: Boogie Nights stars’ appeal for Chopper
It was the epitome of cool as immortalised by movie classic Easy Rider and members of St Neots-based amateur theatre company are desperate to get in the riding seat.
The Variety and Musical Society (VAMPS) needs a Raleigh Chopper for its upcoming production of 1970s stage musical Boogie Nights. The show, co-created by EastEnders star Shane Ritchie, tells the story of Roddy and Terry as they dream of superstardom and struggle to come to terms with reality. In one scene the pair ride on stage on two Choppers in the style of Easy Rider co-stars Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper. But with just one bike available, company chairman Ian Worsfold fears one of the leads will be left walking.
He said: “We would like the guys to ride in on Chopper bikes. We had a look around about buying them and one came up for auction for �560, so we cannot afford to do it. If there is anyone in the area with a bike, it would be covered on our insurance, and we would be able to give them a couple of tickets for the show.”
The bike must be available from October 30 to November 5. Pick-up and drop-off can be arranged. If you can help out or know someone who can, e-mail email@example.com
A chance to meet the cast and take part in a fun day will be taking place on Sunday at the Priory Infant School, St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
The day features an It’s a Knockout contest, stalls, raffle and tombole and a bouncy castle, and will run from noon-3pm.
n Pictured are Michelle Jehan, Sally Ritson, Sam Walters, Belinda Winfield, Sian Francis and Kim Ulmer.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Picture: ADAM GREAVES