Black Cat Radio presenter wins another Community Radio Award
- Credit: Ste Greenall
Black Cat Radio’s breakfast presenter Ste Greenall has won another Community Radio Award.
Ste came third in the category of Male Presenter of the Year winning the bronze award.
He was previously placed second in the Speech & Journalism of the Year category for a radio piece he covered on Steve Whitney who lost his son but raised a huge amount of money for the mental health charity MIND.
On winning the award Ste said: “It was such a thrill to be nominated, but to get two awards in a national competition, was just astonishing.
“Particularly the piece I did with Steve Whitney, and Steve came with me and we had a big man hug, when the announcement was made.
“I have had lots of nice messages about it and above all just because we are volunteers at Black Cat Radio doesn’t mean we can't compete.”
Martin Steers, awards chairman, said: “It was fantastic to host the Awards in person once again.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 4 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 7 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 8 House set alight in Brampton
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
"More than 200 people from up and down the country came together to celebrate success through a pretty tough year.
“As ever, the judges tell me how impressed they are with the output of our sector, and how year on year, it steps up a level.”
“It was great to see the awards follow a successful first conference organised by the UK Community Radio Network.”