Black Cat Radio presenter wins another Community Radio Award
- Credit: Ste Greenall
Black Cat Radio’s breakfast presenter Ste Greenall has won another Community Radio Award.
Ste came third in the category of Male Presenter of the Year winning the bronze award.
He was previously placed second in the Speech & Journalism of the Year category for a radio piece he covered on Steve Whitney who lost his son but raised a huge amount of money for the mental health charity MIND.
On winning the award Ste said: “It was such a thrill to be nominated, but to get two awards in a national competition, was just astonishing.
“Particularly the piece I did with Steve Whitney, and Steve came with me and we had a big man hug, when the announcement was made.
“I have had lots of nice messages about it and above all just because we are volunteers at Black Cat Radio doesn’t mean we can't compete.”
Martin Steers, awards chairman, said: “It was fantastic to host the Awards in person once again.
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 3 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 4 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 5 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 6 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 7 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 8 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 9 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 10 Rumpelstiltskin panto coming to Buckden this weekend
"More than 200 people from up and down the country came together to celebrate success through a pretty tough year.
“As ever, the judges tell me how impressed they are with the output of our sector, and how year on year, it steps up a level.”
“It was great to see the awards follow a successful first conference organised by the UK Community Radio Network.”