Beer lovers complete 25,000-mile world pub crawl in just two weeks
- Credit: Archant
Seven beer loving pub adventurers have completed what looks to be the fastest pub crawl across the world.
Smiling Grape Adventure Tours, from St Neots, took the group on an epic ‘around the world pub crawl’ in February, which covered eight countries, four continents and 25,000 miles.
The tour was a two-week pub extravaganza offering guests a chance to explore some of the best and quirkiest drinking spots on the planet.
They started in London at The Flying Chariot Pub, Heathrow Terminal Two and continued on to Brussels, Prague, Dubai, Colombo, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York City before heading back to London to finish in The Beehive Pub at Gatwick’s South Terminal.
“It was a perfect chance for pub and beer lovers to discover the bars of the world,” says Matt Ellis, director of Smiling Grape Adventure Tours.
“Our clients were able to experience the local drinking cultures in the speakeasies, brew pubs, Irish, dive and rooftop bars throughout the world drinking with the locals.”
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates