Cineworld has delayed reopening cinemas until July 31
- Credit: Archant
Cineworld has pushed back the reopening of its cinemas until July 31.
The chain, which has branches in Huntingdon and St Neots, is the second largest cinema company in the world and had originally announced it would be reopening on July 10.
Cineworld has said the decision is due to a delay in new film releases. Films, including Mulan and Tenet, had been delayed for release until August.
At the current time, Cineworld says it unable to confirm if all its outlets will even reopen in August, and this includes St Neots and Huntingdon.
Cineworld has confirmed that when cinemas do open, it will be with new safety measures in place, but some staff say the measures do not go far enough.
You may also want to watch:
A petition signed by almost 1,500 Cineworld staff has called for masks to be made mandatory for customers in all cinema foyers.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity