St Ivo starlets gearing up for latest production
- Credit: Archant
Students at St Ivo School are set to perform their new production, West Side Story, next month.
The musical is based on Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet but updated and set in 1950s New York.
Director Amanda Crellin said: “Our cast of 70 students are showing huge flair and energy, we cannot wait to share our version of the story with you.”
Nell Macleod, musical director, added “St Ivo students are once again rising to the challenges set by this incredibly complex musical. They are showing enormous dedication in rehearsals for what promises to be another fantastic production.”
The performances will take place from February 6-8 in the Burgess Hall, in St Ives, at 7.30pm. Tickets are on sale for £10 (adults) and £8 (concessions). To purchase tickets contact 01480 302970.
You may also want to watch:
St Ivo is keen to get sponsorship for the production to help cover costs. If you can help, contact Anthony Ward via e-mail at: email@example.com.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages