St Ives youngsters dress in orange to help raise funds for Magpas
- Credit: Archant
There was a sea of orange at a St Ives school as youngsters ditched their usual uniform and dressed in the same bright colour to help raise funds for Magpas.
Pupils at Wheatfields Primary were supporting the emergency medical care charity’s annual Orange Day – when people are encouraged to dress in the same colour as its distinctive helicopter.
The children went one step further and ate an orange-themed lunch when everything was orange-ish (fish fingers, baked beans and chips followed by jelly and cake), apart from the peas and cucumber.
Jacki Dadds, PA to the headteacher, said they raised more than £200.
She added: “We had orange t-shirts, baseball caps, head bands and even face paint. It’s quite surprising where they dig out the orange clothing from. The children and their parents are very creative.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, there was a cake sale at the Huntingdon Magpas offices where orange cakes were on the menu.
Estate agents Maxine Lester and Thomas Morris both went all-out orange, wearing orange outfits. Thomas Morris staff in Huntingdon also sold oranges.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Antonia Brickell, head of communications at Magpas, said: “We changed last year from green to orange as it’s the colour of our helicopter and medics and people have been having a lot of fun with it.”
Last week’s (May 23) Magpas Helimedix Lottery was won by a ticket holder from Huntingdon, who will receive £1,000. To join the weekly lottery, call 0300 3214971.