St Ives youngsters dress in orange to help raise funds for Magpas
- Credit: Archant
There was a sea of orange at a St Ives school as youngsters ditched their usual uniform and dressed in the same bright colour to help raise funds for Magpas.
Pupils at Wheatfields Primary were supporting the emergency medical care charity’s annual Orange Day – when people are encouraged to dress in the same colour as its distinctive helicopter.
The children went one step further and ate an orange-themed lunch when everything was orange-ish (fish fingers, baked beans and chips followed by jelly and cake), apart from the peas and cucumber.
Jacki Dadds, PA to the headteacher, said they raised more than £200.
She added: “We had orange t-shirts, baseball caps, head bands and even face paint. It’s quite surprising where they dig out the orange clothing from. The children and their parents are very creative.”
Meanwhile, there was a cake sale at the Huntingdon Magpas offices where orange cakes were on the menu.
Estate agents Maxine Lester and Thomas Morris both went all-out orange, wearing orange outfits. Thomas Morris staff in Huntingdon also sold oranges.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Antonia Brickell, head of communications at Magpas, said: “We changed last year from green to orange as it’s the colour of our helicopter and medics and people have been having a lot of fun with it.”
Last week’s (May 23) Magpas Helimedix Lottery was won by a ticket holder from Huntingdon, who will receive £1,000. To join the weekly lottery, call 0300 3214971.