St Ives traders club together to make family’s Christmas special
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in St Ives have joined forces to transform a family’s Christmas.
Members of the Lead Generation Club (TLGC) raised more than £700 to give a family from the town a Christmas to remember.
Rob Alexander, of Alexander’s Blinds, approached Father Mark Amey of All Saints Church to ask if he could nominate someone in need of a boost over the festive period.
Today (December 24), Father Christmas will deliver presents for the family of six, including a washer dryer, toys for the three children, food for Christmas Day and the following week and money for electric and gas meters.
Mr Alexander said: “Thanks to the TLGC for all their generous donations. This has been a real group effort. Hopefully this will give the family a clean slate so it can help them start the next year in the right direction.”
You may also want to watch:
He also thanked March Quality Meats for providing meat, vegetables, cheese and stuffing.
Father Mark added: “Thank you to the TLGC for this generosity on behalf of the family. It will transform their Christmas as it will make a huge difference. It shows that at a difficult time people still think of those less fortunate and that Christmas is for everybody.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?