St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- Credit: Archant
The St Ives Town Mayor has visited The Filling Station in St Ives to try a new Christmas beer.
Councillor Pasco Hussain visited The Filling Station today December 1 to celebrate the launch of a new Christmas Beer.
Matt Kelly, the Owner of the Filling Station came up with the recipe with the help of Assistant Manager Ben Harradine, the Ivo Brewery in Somersham and the Black Robin Coffee based in St Ives.
Councillor Hussain said: “I am absolutely delighted to be here and I am grateful for the invite, it is lovely to meet Matt.
“I am really surprised to see how well the place is stocked for a compact unit and I am hoping our residents and visitors alike from near and far will come and support another local business, which is a great concept.
“I am encouraging people to shop local and people to support it.
“I congratulate them on the wonderful business that they have invested into.”
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
Matt said: “We are super excited, it is a really momentous day for the Filling Station and this has been in the planning a long time with the Ivo Brewery and Black Robin Coffee.
“We are really excited that the Mayor is here and think this is a really exciting time that these three businesses are coming together.
“We have a lot of customers who have pre-ordered the beer and this the start of our big Christmas push.”