St Ives to host first motorcycle festival
- Credit: Archant
Motorcyclists are set to hit the streets of St Ives on Sunday (June 29) as the town hosts its first annual St Ives Festival of Motorcycles.
Held on Market Hill between 10am-4pm, the event will feature several motorcycle exhibitors and vendors, live music and a bouncy castle.
Visitors new to motorcycling will get the chance to ride a bike for the first time for free with qualified trainers from CAM Rider.
All proceeds from the day will go to the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal and MAGPAS who provide emergency air ambulance support in East England.
BikeSafe, a police-led effort to reduce motorcycle injuries, will be displaying their ‘crash bike’ and police patrol bikes.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drink will also be available on the day, including ice creams, burgers and pizza.
The festival was organised by Hunts Bikers – a club established last year that now has more than 50 members – in association with St Ives Town Council and support of the Royal British Legion Riders Branch.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Committee chairman Chris Brown said: “The organising committee has worked hard to create an event that will appeal to everyone, both young and old, whether you ride a motorcycle or not.
“We sincerely hope that the local community come out to support the event to show off our town and have a great day out!”
INFORMATION: For more details, or to volunteer at the festival, go to www.sifom.org.