St Ivo School to move to new academy trust next year
- Credit: Archant
St Ivo School has announced this morning (Monday) that it will be joining the Astrea Academy Trust.
The school is the fifth secondary school in the county to join Astrea, along with Longsands and Ernulf academies, in St Neots, and two special schools in Cambridge.
“Astrea has the very highest of expectations when it comes to academic results, but the trust’s aspirations far exceed the traditional concept of ‘schooling’,” said a statement from the trust.
Trust chief executive, Libby Nicholas, added: “We are absolutely delighted that St Ivo will be joining our growing family of schools in Cambridgeshire. At Astrea, we are absolutely passionate about delivering an education that ‘inspires beyond measure’.
“We focus on academic excellence, supported by the broadest range of enrichment opportunities encompassing arts, sports, music, debating, leadership and the community. We look forward to working with Sam Griffin and the team to ensure that every pupil has the best possible education throughout their time with us.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam Griffin, principal of St Ivo, said: “I am delighted that St Ivo School has made the decision to join Astrea. As part of a trust with a strong regional and national presence we can work together to ensure continued improvement and success for students at the school. I have been impressed with vision and expertise of everyone at Astrea and we are all excited to be working with them.”
St Ivo is expected to formally join Astrea on March 1, 2019, with staff transferring to Astrea under TUPE arrangements.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
Astrea Academy Trust is a multi academy trust that was set up as part of the DfE northern education fund initiative. The trust runs primary, secondary and post-16 provision with a specific focus on an ‘all through’ aspirational education.
There are now 25 academies in the trust.