Hotel will be offering discount to blue light and care workers as reopening gesture
- Credit: Archant
The Golden Lion Hotel, in St Ives, will be opening its doors on Saturday with a whole raft of measures in place to keep its customers and team members as safe as possible.
And as a special ‘thank you’ to the town’s NHS, care home and blue light workers for all their amazing efforts during lockdown, there will also be a 25 per cent discount off all meals during July.
General manager Neil Williams said it would be a momentous moment and that customers arriving at The Golden Lion would find an information notice setting out the nine-point safety procedure now in operation.
“These included social distancing measures, screens where necessary, single-use menus, a brand- new order and paying App, cashless payments and hand sanitising stations throughout the premises.”
While all staff will have their temperatures taken before starting work, The Golden Lion has also appointed a ‘Covid safe champion’ who would spend the entire day on sanitising and cleaning duties, regularly patrolling all public areas.
The hotel had also introduced a separate set of safety measures for guests staying overnight including a 10 high touch point cleaning protocol, online check in and pre-payment.
And should guests staying at The Golden Lion or any other hotel around the group happen to be NHS, care or blue light workers, then they would be entitled to a half price room only discount until the end of the month.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates