Business as usual at the Golden Lion Pub
- Credit: Nigel Heath
It’s business as usual for The Golden Lion pub in St Ives, despite a new family investor.
The Coaching Inn Group, which operates The Golden Lion in St Ives and seventeen other hotels and coaching inns in market towns have received significant investment from the RedCat pub company.
Despite this change, Group founder Kevin Charity said it was going to be very much business as usual in all its hotels that were now playing such an important role at the very heart of communities right across the country.
This year the group had jumped from 44 to 21 in the Best Companies top one hundred list of employers, he said.
Kevin said: We’ve become a very people focused business over the past four years, just constantly maintaining that culture, keeping on improving and looking at what we can do better and how we as a management team can serve our people – that's been the key and will go on being so.”
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone joining us for a career in hospitality will continue to have the benefit of our pioneering in-house training and development schemes that allow progression from minor roles to General Manager.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry