St Ives pub boosts Woodlands appeal with £3,000 bungee donation
- Credit: Archant
Dutch courage was on tap when a group of daredevils took part in a charity bungee jump in a pub beer garden.
Billy Robinson, Helen Pertoldi, Kat Herrick, Leigh Anne McDuffus, Ray Hubbard, Andy Cox, Karl Franks and Helen Concerta made the leap at The Seven Wives, in St Ives, and on Saturday handed over the cheque.
Their fundraising efforts were boosted by donations from spectators and resulted in a total of more than £3,000 for the Woodlands Cancer Centre extension appeal for its unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon.
A cheque for £3,104.64 was presented to the centre’s Karen Pryor, on Saturday.
She said: “I was very impressed. They’re very supportive at The Seven Wives and we really appreciate their efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
Landlord and landlady Tony and Lynn Herrick congratulated all those who took part and thanked everyone for their support.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'