St Ives property specialists raise more than �500 for Magpas
A St Ives-based company has raised more than �500 for Magpas after one of its employees was treated by Helimedix.
The admin team at Move with Us raised �535 for the charity by holding a Jubilee tea party with six members of the team serving tea, coffee and cakes to staff, and held a Jubilee quiz.
The event came just two days after a colleague was injured while cycling to work.
Kim Pedlar, who cycled round Kenya for Women Vs Cancer in Feburary, was on her way from her home in Somersham to work in the St Ives Business Park on May 30, when she was knocked off her bike.
She waited at the side of the road for an ambulance when the Helimedix arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Pedlar said: “Within minutes the rapid response team were there and along with a couple of passers-by, they stayed with me for nearly an hour until the ambulance turned up. I can’t thank them enough. What a good day for our staff to be raising money for such a worthy cause.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad