St Ives photographer’s poignant image selected among world’s best
- Credit: Archant
An image captured by a photographer from St Ives has been selected among the top 10 in a global competition.
The international learning company Pearson, creative agency Mother London and design partner Together invited photographers to submit images that “captured the essence and emotion of education and learning”.
Among the more than 500 photographs submitted was one from Alan Bennett, of Media Imaging Solutions.
The judges, including British photographer Rankin, selected Alan’s photograph, which won him a prize of more than £300.
His picture features a resident in a retirement home encouraging his great granddaughter as she tentatively walks down a corridor.
You may also want to watch:
Alan, who also co-ordinates the A14 informal networking group in St Ives, was on an assignment at the Park Lodge Retirement Home, in March, Fenland, when he saw the photo opportunity.
“I just saw the gentleman and the little girl walking down the corridor and I was inspired by their responses to one another to take a photograph,” Alan said. “When I contacted Pearson sometime later about commercial work they informed me about the competition and I knew just the photo that I would send them.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“I am so proud to have been selected by the judges, particularly by someone with the reputation of Rankin and to find my work appreciated in this way, along with photographers from around the world.”
Alan has more than 30 year’s photographic experience and is a member of the National Photographic Society and is also a member of the Cambridgeshire Chamber of Commerce.