St Ives nursery appeals for funds
A NURSERY has appealed for donations to help it continue to give high-quality early years care.
Wheatfields Nursery in St Ives, which was rated as “good” by Ofsted last year, has become highly regarded by parents after providing care for young children for 30 years.
“Some of the parents that take children there went to the nursery themselves as children,” fundraising committee member Jenny Scothern said, adding that the staff had built up a great reputation in the community.
However she added that finances had got more difficult in recent years, with the nursery able to do little fundraising because of its small number of resources.
“We are taking on more children but the financial side is not keeping up with it,” said Mrs Scothern, who herself has a child at the nursery.
You may also want to watch:
“We have currently hit hard times and would like very much to have some help to raise funds for the nursery as it is a charity. We need donations from local businesses or people either money or for a raffle.
“The nursery has been open for 30 years and it would be such a shame for it to lose out because of this.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
INFORMATION: Contact Wheatfields Nursery on 01480 494960.