St Ives ‘murder’ victim died from stab wounds, post mortem finds
- Credit: Archant
A post mortem examination of a man who was killed in St Ives has found he died from stab wounds.
The examination, which was carried out yesterday (January 10), concluded 28-year-old Andrew Hasler died from stab wounds to his chest.
Officers were called at about 12.40pm on Sunday (January 8) with reports of violence in Houghton Road and on arrival found two people were injured.
Mr Hasler, of Houghton Road in St Ives, was fatally injured.
A 27-year-old woman from Huntingdon also suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment. She was released yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man from Cambridge has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and was transferred from hospital to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge yesterday evening.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer