Kind-hearted shoppers at Tesco Somersham help those in need at St Ives Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Tins of food, snacks, sweets and drinks worth £250 were bought for St Ives Foodbank thanks to shoppers at Tesco in Somersham.
Manager James Seamark set up a donation point at the store after visiting about a year ago.
He went shopping with Carol from the foodbank and Mark from St Mary’s Church to replenish stocks for those in need.
James said: “The customers have been so generous and I’ve even spoken to people who donated items as they had used the foodbank before.
“Even during these difficult times people have dug deep any donated items which is amazing especially given the extra demand the foodbank has been experiencing.
You may also want to watch:
“It was great to meet up with Carole and Mark and they gave me great insight into the current situation and the items they’re struggling for.
“They’re doing a brilliant job and the community is so lucky to have such caring individuals.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer