Drivers warned after St Ives blaze
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned to drive carefully due to an ongoing fire near St Ives.
Firefighters were called to Envar Composting in Somersham to reports of a fire at the site.
They are currently working with onsite staff to tackle the blaze.
A road closure was put in place yesterday, but the road has been re-opened and the fire service is warning drivers to be cautious when driving.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We are aware of a fire at Envar Composting near St Ives. We have been liaising with the onsite staff, who are tackling the fire, over the last few days. Fire crews have been making regular inspections of the site providing support.
You may also want to watch:
“Please drive carefully around the area as the road is being affected by smoke. A road closure was put in place yesterday but it has now been reopened.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation