St Ives Farmers’ Market wins top award
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Farmers’ Market has been named the best in the country.
The market was named champion in the FARMA Farmers’ Market of the Year awards at a ceremony at Wyboston Lakes, St Neots, last Tuesday (February 24) ahead of Abingdon, Horsforth and Mosely.
It was the third year running St Ives had been shortlisted in the final, but the first time the market has won the award.
Annette Ablewhite, market organiser, said: “Shopping in our market is a unique experience. Our 30 stalls are arranged in ‘piazza’ style, all facing inwards, in the heart of our historical town centre.
“This creates a colourful, bustling atmosphere with much cheerful banter between stall holders and customers as queues form to sample the fabulous range of products on sale.
You may also want to watch:
“There are chairs and tables to rest and take refreshment, meet friends and listen to musical entertainment. It’s not just shopping – it’s a social outing.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k