St Ives day care centre receives its largest donation
A DAY centre in St Ives has received its largest donation, thanks to the town’s Freemasons
The St Ivo and Sothius Lodges presented the social hub for older people with a cheque for �1,500, which centre manager Don Moorman said came as a “complete surprise”.
“The lodges approached us in January but didn’t say how much they were donating until the presentation day. We are particularly grateful at the time when we are faced with possible funding cuts from the council,” he said.
The cheque was presented to centre chairman Ian Langworthy by Peter Theakston and Brian French of the St Ivo lodge and John Dench and Norman Papworth of the Sothius Lodge (pictured).
Mr Papworth said: “We have given them small amounts in the past but after visiting the centre and seeing the good they do, we decided to give more.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: The centre is based in Ramsey Road, St Ives. To find out more call 01480 463444.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad