St Ives concert to raise money for Magpas
A CONCERT will be taking place next month to raise money for emergency medical charity, Magpas Helimedix.
St Ives Community Choir, which is open to anyone who wants to sing, will be performing at The Free Church, St Ives, on Saturday, September 22, with the doors opening at 7pm.
The choir, which practices on Monday evenings in the church hall of the Roman Catholic Church in Needingworth Road, was started by former town councillor Angie Walters and is now in its fourth year.
The musical director is Katherine Burr who leads the choir in a variety of popular songs and the occasional choral piece, with the members performing at three concerts a year.
Wyton-based Magpas, which uses volunteer medics to attend the scene of medical emergencies in Cambridgeshire and across the region, was chosen as the charity for the September concert as one of the singers had first-hand experience of its lifesaving work.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Tickets are adults �5, 5-16s �2.50, under 5s free. Tickets are on sale at Just Sharing, the Free Church shop.
To find out more about Magpas Helimedix, visit www.magpas.org.uk
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan